Infection controls and universal precautions protect clients and staff alike. Everyone benefits from rigorous infection control — you, your dentist, and the dental team. The cornerstone in a good and safe dental practice is the element of trust. You should feel free to discuss this topic with Dr. Mughal or Dr. Bhagat and receive a straightforward answer.
Dr. Mughal or Dr. Bhagat and our entire team follow procedures recommended by several federal agencies: the Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA), the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). These measures include:
- Disinfectant hand soap
- Gloves and face masks
- Chemical disinfection of countertops and surfaces
- Sterilization of all equipment before every use
- Disposable materials
We sterilize all reusable equipment, including dental hand pieces. We use an autoclave, a device that kills bacteria and viruses by steam, heat and pressure. 100% performance of sterlization equipment is ensured by periodc tests and maintenance.
The best defense against disease is information. The more you know, the better equipped you are to make wise decisions about your health care. The more you know about our daily procedures and policies, the more comfortable you will feel.
EXTRA SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DUE TO COVID-19 PANDEMIC
Excel Dental Care is taking extra measures to safeguard health and safety of its staff and patients in the light of current pandemic of COVID-19.
- We screen patients about travel history in recent weeks, signs and symptoms associated with COVID-19 and exposure to someone to who has been confirmed to have COVID-19. Pre-screening is done at the time of making the appointment and before dental treatment.
- We encourage patients to arrive at time of appointment to minimize crowd in waiting room to comply with social distancing.
- Chairs in waiting area are at minimum and distanced 6 feet from each other and magazines, coffee and kids toys are not provided to minimize cross contamination.
- We advise our patients to wash their hands/use hand sanitizer for 20 seconds and have them rinse with hydrogen peroxide before dental treatment is begun.
- We take every patient’s temperature upon entering the facility.
- We recommend that patients wear a mask in our office and comply with social distancing.
- Our staff is wearing a mask at all times while inside the office
- We are using only EPA-approved disinfecting products for cleaning frequently touched surfaces in office to minimize cross contamination
- According to CDC there is no evidence of cluster of COVID-19 cases in dental offices. The majority of cases appear in long-term health facilities and hospitals. Even though there is little evidence of cluster of cases in dental facilities, our office is treating every patient as potential carrier and taking extreme measures with enhanced PPE. This is for the safety of our patients and staff.
- We use medical grade HEPA-13 air purifiers in the office. These purifiers can filter up to 0.1 micron of particles in the air.
- We are using hypochlorus acid (HOCL) in a fogger to disinfectant our office several times a day. This is a safe and non-toxic disinfactant. It kills bacteria, bacterial spores, fungi and viruses 100 x more effectively than chlorine bleach. It is routinely used in hotels, cruise ships, hospitals and clinics.
- We are also using enhanced intra-oral and extra-oral measures to improve suction and reduce any aerosols in the treatment area.
In addition to patient screening our clinical staff is taking extra safety precautions to safeguard everyone. When you come for appointment you will notice that our clinical staff is taking extra steps to safeguard your and everyone’s health and safety according to CDC and OSHA guidelines. We are allocating extra time for patient visits by ensuring all necessary steps are being taken.
We wish everyone in our community to stay safe and well.
Your Safety is Our Top Priority!
Contact us with any questions or to schedule an appointment to today!